Land Rover Riverside Lease Return Guide
When it comes to preparing for the end of your Land Rover lease it’s important to know you can return your leased vehicle to Land Rover Riverside. And you don’t have to say goodbye to your beloved Land Rover. You have options!
- Turn in your Land Rover.
- Turn in your Land Rover and lease a new one.
- Purchase your leased Land Rover outright.
- Possibly extend the lease on your existing Land Rover.
We’ve streamlined the process for you to make the decision easier! And best of all, we are standing by to help you through the process every step of the way – no matter where you originally leased your Land Rover. Please reach out today!
Here are some options for your end-of-lease:
GET INTO A NEW LAND ROVER
- Check out the new Land Rover vehicle lineup
- Sign into Land Rover My Account to see loyalty offers
- Arrange turn-in of your current vehicle when you pick up your new one. See lease turn-infor additional details.
- Learn about flexible lease terms and mileage options that could get you into a new Land Rover every 24 to 48 months.
PURCHASE YOUR CURRENT LAND ROVER
- Visit the Land Rover FAQs
- Contact us.
- Sign into My Account to see loyalty offers on a new Land Rover vehicle
EXTEND YOUR LEASE
EXCESS WEAR AND USE
- Holes, tears, burns, stains, strong odors, or excessively worn areas in the carpet, other interior surfaces, or convertible top.
- Scratches, chips, dents, pits, rust, holes, or cracks in the wheels or exterior surfaces, windshield or other glass surfaces, or metalwork.
- Cracked, broken, or missing windows, doors, lights, trim, mirrors, or antennae.
- Missing, damaged, or nonworking mechanical equipment, safety or emissions control equipment, electrical or other parts or accessories.
- Damage to the vehicle’s frame or alignment.
- Damage due to improper, poor quality, or incomplete repairs or paintwork. You also will remain liable to us for the full cost of any such items resulting from intentional or willful abuse or misuse.
- Any wear and use related to tires. Tire tread must be at least 1/8” (4/32”) at the lowest point and may not contain any other damages. Make sure that all tires match and are of comparable quality to the original equipment. Also, make sure to remove snow tires prior to your pre-inspection. Other items may be excluded as set forth in the Lease Agreement.
- Any missing manuals or missing or nonworking keys or remote entry devices.